The BOM Import module, located in the Integrations group, is an add-on module that can be installed from the Plugin module. After installing the plugin, a new module is added that allows the user to import files (csv, xlsx, xls), create a mapping, and import the needed parts, products, and BOMs. The mapping can be unique for each folder selected. The import can be run manually or imported automatically on a schedule.
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the BOM Import plugin and click Install.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the BOM Import module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Integrations group.
- To grant access to additional users, assign the BOM Import-View access right to the appropriate groups in the User Group module
- Open the Bill of Materials module and click the BOM Import button at the top of the module.
Note: BOMs can also be imported by opening the BOM Import module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the folder where the files are located and click the dropdown next to the Fishbowl fields to match them with the fields from the file.
- If the file is missing values, the default values from the bottom section will be used.
- Review the import options:
- Import indented items as stages - This option will treat branches in the structure as stages on imported Bills of Materials. For example, if level 1.2 is followed by 1.2.1, 1.2 will be treated as a stage. This structure of using numbers and periods to represent a tree structure is used in some external applications, such as Solidworks.
- Set vendor as default for new parts - With this option enabled, the default vendor for a new part will be set to the vendor specified in the import.
- Create a product for new parts - With this option enabled, a new product will be created in Fishbowl when importing a new part.
- Only import parts - When selected, only parts will be imported into Fishbowl. No BOMs will be created.
- Use filename as BOM number - When selected, the filename will be used as the bill of materials number.
- Update BOM data - When selected, only existing finished and raw goods data will be updated. Otherwise the BOM will be overwritten.
- Delete imported files - When selected, successfully imported files will be deleted.
- Click the Active checkbox in the Schedule section. Click the Run Task button to run the import now, or select a schedule frequency.
- Click the Save button at the top of the module.
- To map another folder, click the Select Folder button. The mapping for each folder will be saved separately and can be modified by selecting the folder again.
- BOM Import now properly adds and removes items on BOM update
- Fixed cost field mapping
- Fixed bug setting import to other item types not working. Only inventory type worked previously
- Improved functionality on import which allows you to update existing BOM's with added or removed parts
- Fishbowl compatibility release
- Compatible with Fishbowl version 2019.10 and higher