The Unit of Measure module, located in the Setup group, allows UOMs to be created and modified. This module is often referred to as the UOM module. Fishbowl has several standard UOMs with the ability to add as many additional UOMs as necessary.
Create a unit of measure
Follow the steps below to create a UOM.
- Click the New button in the UOM module.
- Select what the new UOM will measure and click Next.
- Enter a name for the UOM and click Next.
- Enter an abbreviation for the UOM and click Next.
- Enter an optional description for the UOM and click Finish to complete the wizard.
UOMs can also be created using the import.
Edit, delete, or inactivate a unit of measure
- To edit a unit of measure, double-click the unit of measure in the search pane, make any changes, and then click the Save button located in the module toolbar.
- To delete a unit of measure, double-click the unit of measure in the search pane and then click the Delete button located in the module toolbar.
- A unit of measure cannot be deleted if it is in use by other modules. In this case, a unit of measure can be inactivated by unchecking the Active checkbox and then clicking the Save button in the module toolbar. To view an inactive unit of measure, click the Advanced Search button and select Inactive in the Active dropdown.
Create a unit of measure conversion
The unit of measure conversion allows you to convert to a smaller or larger unit; for example, Dozens to Each, or Inches to Feet. Both UOMs must already exist in Fishbowl in order to create conversions.
- In the Unit of Measure module, double click the UOM you would like to create a conversion for. Now click on the conversions subtab.
- Click the Add Conversion button on the component toolbar.
- A UOM Conversion wizard will be brought up to take you through the conversion process.
- Select which UOM you are converting to. Click Next.
- Select whether your first UOM is greater than or less than the UOM you are converting to. Click Next.
- Enter in the correct ratio between the units. Click Next.
- The next screen will show a summary of your conversion. If this is correct, click next. If changes are needed to be made, click the back arrows.
UOM conversions can also be created using the import.
Edit or delete a unit of measure conversion
Follow the steps below to edit a UOM conversion.
- Double-click the UOM in the search panel.
- Click on the Conversions tab.
- Highlight a conversion and click the Edit button on the component toolbar to the right.
- Edit the conversion factor and then click OK.
- Click the Save button on the module toolbar.
Follow the steps below to delete a UOM conversion.