The UPS Ready module, located in the Integrations group, provides the ability to integrate with UPS. UPS features are built into Fishbowl and directly accessible with no additional software required. The UPS integration can be configured by clicking a UPS button in the Shipping or Sales Order module, or by opening the UPS Ready module.
- Sales Order Rates - Rates are created in the Sales Order module. A rate is an estimate that can be added as a line item on the sales order. It is not necessary to have a UPS account number to get rates. The Account Type will determine the type of rates that are shown. A rate can also be added to the order to charge the customer for shipping.
- Shipping Quotes - Quotes are created in the Shipping module. A quote reflects the actual amount that will be paid to UPS. The Shipping module has buttons to get and accept quotes, create and void shipments, print labels, and return shipments. Shipping amounts will be determined by the negotiated rates associated with the shipper account. To charge a customer for actual shipping charges, see Carton based shipping.
Follow the steps below to configure the UPS integration.
- Click the Integrations menu or module group and then open the UPS Ready module.
- Click the Setup button, or click the Register button.
- Scroll to the bottom of the license agreement, check I agree, and then click Next.
- Enter the required UPS account information and click Next.
- Enter any additional information that is requested and then click Finish to complete the wizard.
- After the UPS setup has been completed two UPS tabs will be added to the Shipping module, one at the top next to the Custom tab, and one at the bottom in the Carton Details pane.
- The Account Type dropdown controls what type of rates are shown when getting UPS rates in the Sales Order module. The actual quote generated in the Shipping module will always use the negotiated rates associated with the shipper number.
- UPS accounts can be added and removed by using the buttons on the component toolbar to the right. A default account can also be set.
- The Register button can be used to add a UPS account. The Unregister button will remove all UPS account information from Fishbowl.
- The UPS Ready integration is not compatible with Fishbowl Canada.
- Many UPS label fields are limited to 35 characters.