Fishbowl Canada is a version of Fishbowl that is tailored to meet the needs of companies in Canada. Listed below are some of the key differences found in Fishbowl Canada.
Install Fishbowl Canada
Follow the steps below to Install Fishbowl Canada.
- Download the latest Fishbowl installer (the same installer is used for all countries).
- After the download is complete, follow the instructions to Install Fishbowl and select Canada on the country selection step.
One of the primary differences in Fishbowl Canada is the handling of tax codes. Listed below are the ways that tax codes are handled in Fishbowl Canada.
- QuickBooks tax codes can be imported into Fishbowl Canada in the Accounting Integration module.
- Tax codes can also be modified and created in the Tax Rate module.
- Tax codes are supported in the Sales Order module, the Purchase Order module, and in Fishbowl Checkout. Tax codes can be set per order, or per line item.
- To set the tax code of all line items, click the Tax Code field at the bottom of the order and select the appropriate tax code from the drop down.
- The Tax Code field for the order will default to the tax code set on the Details tab of the Customer module or the Details tab of the Vendor module.
- To set the tax code of a line item, click in the Tax Code field and select the appropriate tax code from the drop down.
- If the Customer or Vendor does not have a default tax code, the Tax Code field for the line item will default to the tax code set on the Details tab of the Product module and the Details tab of the Part module.
The home currency in Fishbowl Canada will default to the Canadian Dollar. This can be seen in the Currency module options.
Supported QuickBooks versions
The versions of QuickBooks Canada that are officially supported by Fishbowl are listed in Supported QuickBooks Versions.
See below for the details of some additional module options in Fishbowl Canada.
- Round cash transactions to the nearest
- If this option is on, cash payments will default to the order total, rounded to the nearest $.05 or $.10.
- Amount includes tax by default
- If this option is on, the unit price and total will include the tax amount.
- Always use the part or product tax rate when the tax rate is zero
- If the tax rate is zero, the part or product tax rate will be used instead.