The Walmart module, located in the Integrations group, is an add-on module that can be installed from the Plugin module. After installing the plugin, a new module is added that integrates with Walmart. Additional connections can also be purchased to connect to multiple Walmart accounts.
- 1 Install
- 2 Setup
- 3 TABS
- 4 Troubleshooting
- 5 Release Notes
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the Walmart plugin and click Install.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the Walmart module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Integrations group.
- To grant access to additional users, assign the Walmart-View access right to the appropriate groups in the User Group module
Complete the steps below to configure the Walmart integration.
- Click the Settings button on the module toolbar of the Walmart module and paste the Client ID and Client Secret obtained from your Walmart account.
- Click the Test Connection button and verify that the connection to the Walmart website is working.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the window to save the Walmart settings.
Several plugins in Fishbowl have a standardized layout. Some of the images below show the options that are most common between all plugins. Any additional Walmart options or notes are included at the bottom of each section. System properties also allow advanced options to be enabled for e-commerce plugins.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import orders on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Order field mapping - Use the mapping table to map Walmart order fields to Fishbowl order fields. If no field is mapped to the Fishbowl Order Number, then it will be generated by Fishbowl. If no date field is mapped to the Fishbowl Date Scheduled, then it will be set to the date of import.
- Use Customer Defaults - The following order defaults will be used when no data is mapped from Walmart in the mapping table above. "Use Customer Defaults" will use values from the Fishbowl customer when available.
- Default Salesperson - Sales orders will be created using this salesperson.
- Default Class - If there is no class mapped from Walmart, sales orders will be created using this class as the sales order class.
- Default Payment Terms - If there are no payment terms mapped from Walmart, sales orders will be created using this payment term.
- Default Shipping Terms - If there are no shipping terms mapped from Walmart, sales orders will be created using these shipping terms.
- Default Priority - The default priority to be set on imported orders.
- Discount item - Select the flat rate discount type that will be added as a line item to imported orders. The flat rate discount can be set to $0 in the Discount module and then the correct discount amount will be set when the order is imported from Walmart.
- Order number prefix - An order number prefix can be defined which will be applied to order numbers mapped from Walmart.
- Additional Walmart information
- Combine all discounts - Enabling this option will sum up all of the line item discounts and apply them as one order discount.
- Add Discount Code to Notes - Enabling this option will add the discount code to the line item notes.
Order Item Settings
- Item field mapping - Use the mapping table to map Walmart order item fields to Fishbowl order item fields. If the Fishbowl price is not mapped, then the price from the Fishbowl product will be used and any applicable pricing rules applied. If the Fishbowl description is not mapped, then the description from the Fishbowl product will be used.
- Shipping item - Select the shipping type product that will be added as a line item to orders when applicable. It will contain the shipping price to be paid by the customer.
- Ignore miscellaneous items - If this option is selected, Walmart order items that are not related to an actual Walmart product record will be ignored and no Fishbowl line item will be created.
- Enable order import product linking - Walmart order items will be matched to Fishbowl products based on the defined field mapping. If the Walmart product has been linked by ID to a Fishbowl product, that will take precedence.
- Product field - The Fishbowl product field that will match the selected Walmart item field.
- Walmart item field - The Walmart order item field that will match the selected Fishbowl product field.
- Additional Walmart information
- Ignore shipping amount - Enabling this option may lead to order disparities for totals and payments.
Order Status Settings
- For all imported order, the Fishbowl status will be set to the option selected here.
Location Group Settings
- Use default location group - Select a default location group for imported orders.
- Use order ship-to-state mapping - This option allows orders to be imported into Fishbowl Location Groups according to the ship-to state. If the state is not mapped to a location group, the default location group specified above can be used.
- Use order carrier mapping - This option allows orders to be imported into Fishbowl Location Groups according to the shipping carrier. If the carrier is not mapped to a location group, the default location group specified above can be used.
- Use location group class as order class - This option will set the class for the order to the location group's class.
- Use the options below to determine how customers are created in Fishbowl and what information is imported into Fishbowl.
- Enable multi-currency settings - Order prices will be converted from the channel order currency to the Fishbowl currency assigned to the mapped customer. Requires Fishbowl currency conversion to be enabled.
- Enable advanced mapping settings - Opens up additional customer mapping options and control over customer creation.
- Use a default customer for all orders - This option will associate all imported sales orders with the customer selected in the Customer field. This could be used with a generic Fishbowl customer such as Walmart Customer.
- Use order billing address - Use the billing address from the Walmart order instead of the address for the default customer.
- Use order shipping address - Use the shipping address from the Walmart order instead of the address for the default customer.
- Use the order customer and addresses - This option will import the addresses and customer from the Walmart order instead of using a generic customer.
- Field - Select the Walmart field that contains the customer name that should be imported into Fishbowl.
- Alternate Field - An alternate field mapping when the primary mapping does not contain data.
- Ship to address mapping - Use the table to choose which Walmart fields are imported into the Fishbowl Ship To Name and Street Line fields.
- Bill to address mapping - Use the table to choose which Walmart fields are imported into the Fishbowl Bill To Name and Street Line fields.
- Coalesce addresses - If one address is missing, use the existing address for both the shipping and billing address.
- Create missing states - Automatically create missing states.
- Mark addresses residential - Import all shipping addresses as residential.
- Use default carrier/service - When selected, all orders imported from Walmart will use the selected carrier and carrier service. If this option is unchecked, carriers can be mapped between Fishbowl and Walmart. Each mapping will also set the Sales Order Priority so that Fishbowl users can identify orders with express shipping that need to be picked and shipped quickly.
- Use carrier mapping - When selected, the table can be used to map carriers between Walmart and Fishbowl.
- Create payments in Fishbowl - When selected, payments from the Walmart transaction will be shown in the Payment Viewer module.
- Use a default payment method - When selected, all orders imported from Walmart will use the selected payment method.
- Use Payment method mapping - When selected, the table can be used to map payment methods between Walmart and Fishbowl.
- Always create payments - If no payment data exists for the order from Walmart, this option will always create a payment in Fishbowl equaling the order total. If payment mapping is enabled, orders without payment data will show "None" as the payment method type.
- Remove taxes from payment - When selected, the tax amount will be deducted from the payment total.
- Remove shipping from payment - Enabling this option may lead to order disparities between Walmart and Fishbowl for totals and payments.
- Ignore international payments - Payments will not be created for orders placed outside the United States. This setting is only available if Use Currency Conversion is enabled in the Currency module.
- Currency - Select the currency type you accept in Walmart. This is a required setting if Use Currency Conversion is enabled in the Currency module.
- Import Taxes - When selected, the tax amount from the Walmart order will appear on the Fishbowl sales order as a flat rate line item. The flat rate amount can be set to $0 in the Tax Rate module and then the correct total tax amount will be set when the order is imported from Walmart. If taxes are not imported, the Fishbowl payment will equal the order total before tax.
- Use Default Tax Item - With this option selected, the same tax item will be used for all orders.
- Use State Tax Mapping - This option allows different tax items to be used based on the Ship To state/province. If this option is enabled, the plugin will give an error when trying to import an order with a state that has not been mapped.
- Use Fishbowl Tax - Select a Fishbowl tax rate that will be used to calculate the order tax in Fishbowl. Tax calculations done by Fishbowl may differ from those done in Walmart.
- Import Walmart tax as line item note - Import the Walmart tax as a line item note in Fishbowl.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export orders on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- The Fulfillment Export task will export order fulfillment information to Walmart based on fulfilled Fishbowl sales orders.
- Update order status - When selected, Walmart orders will be updated after the product(s) on the order have been shipped in Fishbowl. Shipment tracking information will also be sent from Fishbowl to Walmart.
- Check order status - When selected, the Walmart order status will be checked prior to attempting to send fulfillment information. If the Walmart order status has changed, no fulfillment information will be sent. This will increase the time required to complete the order fulfillment task.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import products on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- NOTE: When setting up the shopping cart integration for the first time you will want to adjust the Last Sync to a date before any of your products were created (for example, setting the year to 2000) so that all of the products on your website will be imported.
The Product Import task imports products into Fishbowl from Walmart. A product link is created by storing the Walmart product ID in Fishbowl.
- Link Existing Products will match existing products in Fishbowl and Walmart where data matches in the selected fields.
- Import Products will import products from Walmart into Fishbowl, creating them based on the field mapping and settings below.
- Additional Walmart information
- Unlink Missing Products - This option will remove the product linking in Fishbowl for products that no longer exist.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export inventory levels to Walmart on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- NOTE: When setting up the shopping cart integration for the first time you will want to adjust the Last Sync to a date before any of your products were created (for example, setting the year to 2000) so that it includes all of your products (or any applicable product tree filter) when updating inventory levels.
- Export company wide inventory - Include inventory quantities from all location groups in the inventory sync. If this option is unchecked, selected location groups can be added by clicking the Add button.
- Inventory Type - Select the inventory quantity that should be used during the update: Available, Inventory On Hand, or Available To Pick.
- Product Tree filter - The export can be limited to a specific product tree category. If this field is left blank, all products will be included in the export.
- Specify Min/Max Inventory Quantity - With this option enabled, the maximum inventory quantity sent to Walmart can be limited. For example, if there is an available quantity of 4000 in Fishbowl, the quantity in Walmart could be set to 999. If there is an available quantity of 3 in Fishbowl, the minimum quantity field could be used to send a quantity of 10 to Walmart.
- Include Quantities Available To Build - When enabled, this option calculates and includes available to build quantities from applicable bills of material in the inventory push. When a product is sold individually but also used as an input for a bill of material, both quantities are pushed to the channel when applicable. Please note, this could lead to overselling in the scenario described..
- When more than one shipment exists for an order (partial fulfillment), the applicable tracking numbers are synced to Walmart, however this feature does not work for orders with kits.
- Only new orders are imported. Orders are not updated once they have been imported. Returns and refunds are not imported.
- The attributes and IDs for orders and products can be viewed or modified by clicking the Walmart button at the top of the Sales Order module and the Product module.
- To view the scheduled tasks for the Walmart module, open the Schedule module.
- A scheduled task can be run manually by double-clicking the task.
- Enter an email address in the Schedule module to receive error notifications.
- To view the history of a scheduled task, including the result/error, click the History button in the Schedule module.
- More details about recent errors can be viewed by opening the Data module and clicking the Server Log button.
- Check for multiple versions of the Walmart.jar file in C:\Program Files\Fishbowl\plugins\ or \Applications\Fishbowl\plugins\ on a Mac. If there are two Walmart versions, exit the Fishbowl Server and remove the older version on all client and server computers.
- Initial release